5/24/2011

The lost mind






One hot summer morning, Keoni woke up and felt like a new man. He had four eggs sunny side up, six slices of bacon, three spam musubi and two large cups of coffee. He went to the bedroom, gave his wife a kiss and told her:
- Lahela, stay in bed, it is still early in the morning. I am going fishing on my lunch wagon. I will bring you a humpback whale for dinner.
Still sleepy, Lahela nodded with a smile. Keoni kissed the couch goodnight, petted his grandmother’s rocking chair and wished a happy birthday to the gecko on the doormat. He left his house smiling. He had never been so happy.
Later this day, Lahela woke up and remembered her husband’s strange words. Her worries grew when she found this note on the fridge: “I froze my friend’s frog. It’s frying in the freezer. Signed: Your cotton candy”. Lahela was used to her husband’s surprises but this time, he went too far. Something was wrong with him. She looked around her, emptied the kitchen’s cabinets, moved the furniture in the living room and cleared the mess on the office desk. When the neighbor knocked on the door later this afternoon, Lahela was frantically looking for something. The entire house was upside down and so were the sofa cushions.
- Aloha Lahela, said the neighbor. What’s happening in here? Are you looking for something?
- Hello neighbor, answered Lahela. Yes, I am looking for something.
- Well, said the neighbor, let me help you. What did you loose?
- Oh! I didn’t loose anything. My husband did. He lost his mind this morning.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire