6/10/2011

 The key



- Ailani, come here! Ailani!
- I’m coming… I’m coming…
- Ailani, how many times have I told you? Keep your socks together when you put them in the washing machine!
- Moooom…
- Do you know what happens to lonely socks? Ailani, are you listening to me?
- Mooom… You told me this story a million times…
- Well, it seems you forgot it again. Let me refresh your memory.
- Mooom….
- The legend says that when a sock looses its better half it becomes sad and so angry at its owner that it sneaks into his bed and suffocates him while he’s sleeping. That’s the revenge of the lonely sock. Do you actually know what this means?
- Yes… It means that the Menehune are mad at me and that they’re playing tricks on me.
- And do you want the Menehune to be mad at you? Do you?! Do you remember what happened to Auntie Leilani after she lost her glasses?
- …
- So what can you do to avoid the Menehune to be mad at you?
- I will keep my socks together...
- Good! Do you understand? Will you keep your socks together from now on?
- Yes mom…
- Oh Ailani… Why can’t you be just like me? Why can’t you keep your things organized? Why can’t you remember where you put your things?
- Moooom…
- Anyway, I am going shopping. While I’m away, I would like you to find the cell phone you lost last week, the book I was reading, which disappeared yesterday, your sister’s puppet and your dad’s missing screwdriver. If you can find everything before I come home, I’ll stop bothering you. Am I clear?
- Yes mom…
- Good. I’m leaving now. See you in half an hour. Where is my key? Where did I put my key? Ailani, have you seen my key?
- …
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire